1. At our last rehearsal we worked on all three pieces for the February 10th concert. Things to remember for ALL of the Britten pieces: count, get those tongue-twisters down, use minimum vibrato, and use British diction and pronunciation.
2. IMPORTANT: our next 2 rehearsals (January 28th and February 4th) will be in the Sanctuary of DCPC, as will be the dress rehearsal on February 9th (2-5 pm). Use the door with the ramp off of Concord Road. Take a seat in the Sanctuary until Chris tells us where he wants us Bring your music and a pencil. I will have additional music for those who have been absent and haven't received the Jubilate Deo yet. I will also bring folders for those who need to borrow one for the concert. Be sure to get one if you need one at one of the next two rehearsals because I will not be at the dress rehearsal.
3. Dress for the concert is tuxedos for men and standard black concert attire for women. If you have any questions please let me know.
4. Parking in Davidson on January 28th may be crowded--there is a lecture at 7 pm in Belk Arena that is sold out (that's around 5000 people). Get to Davidson early if possible.
5. Marianne will be out for a couple of weeks, so if you haven't yet paid your dues and music fee (total $36), you can give it to me in the form of exact change or check payable to DAVIDSON COLLEGE with CASD in the memo line.