1. Parking alerts for this week: Susan Rice is giving a lecture in DFPH at 7:30 pm on Monday, 2/10.
On Tuesday, 2/11, there is a 7 pm men’s basketball game which eliminates the parking lots around the athletic complex as a parking option. In addition, there is a 7 pm lecture in Tyler Tallman Hall.
2. Dress rehearsal for the Organ at Davidson concert is Sunday, 2/9, from 2-5 pm in DCPC. This rehearsal is mandatory unless excused by the director. The concert is Monday, 2/10 at 7:30 pm. Call time is 6:30 pm. For both, make sure you are wearing no scent and that you have all your music and a black folder. Please invite your friends to the concert—it is free, and donations are gratefully accepted.
3. Dress for the concert is tuxes for CASD men, and concert black for CASD women (long skirt/pants, at least ¾ sleeves, minimal cleavage, black shoes). Concert Choir—if you have any questions regarding your concert attire please address them to Dr. Gilliam. CONCERT ATTIRE IS NOTREQUIRED FOR THE DRESS REHEARSAL.
4. Regarding applause during the concert: by all means applaud Tom Robak at the end of his pieces. However, at the end of each of our selections, you are included in the applause and should smile and accept it.
5. Return of music: if you will NOT be at rehearsal on 2/11, please make sure you return your scores and borrowed black folder to me at the end of the Monday evening concert. For those who will be at the Tuesday rehearsal, please return your scores and borrowed folders then.
6. We will be starting rehearsals for the May 3rd concert of Beethoven’s 9thSymphony on 2/11. TICKETS ARE ALREADY ON SALE FOR THIS CONCERT.
7. A schedule for spring rehearsals is attached. If you have saved these dates or entered them into your calendar, please note that THERE ARE CHANGES: specifically, there is no rehearsal on March 3rd, the rehearsal with orchestra on April 30th has been shortened somewhat, and the dress rehearsal on Saturday May 2nd has been moved to the afternoon and shortened. Please make note of all these dates.
8. Saturday, 2/8, at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary of Davidson United Methodist Church, there will be a concert performed by SEPTURA, a brass ensemble from London. A love offering will be accepted during the concert.