1. If you hadn’t noticed, Martha Barnitt’s cheerful smile was missing last Tuesday. Unfortunately, she had to had hip replacement surgery that day. Daughter Jule Wilt (CASD once and future alto) said that everything went well, and she was expected to be discharge that evening (!)., Martha should be staying with Jule and her family for a few days-they are both nurses, so she should be in good hands.
2. Please make sure you have transferred all of Chris’s score markings into your own scores. He has marked breaths, dynamics, and more for each part.
3. Make sure both of your scores are marked so that you know which line to sing where. This is especially important in the Walton, where it splits between two choirs and comes back. Where there are lengthy amounts of time you are not singing, I recommend a healthy dose of paperclips.
4. Tickets are on sale now, and seats can be reserved. Tickets can be purchased at the Union Box Office, from the college
https://www.etix.com/ticket/o/1696/davidson-college-union or 704-894-2135
or via a link from our website choralartssocietydavidson.org
There is also a pre-concert talk sponsored by DavidsonLearns at 6 pm in the 900 Room. Light refreshments will be served and Tara Villa Keith will give a lecture. For more details and to register for this event, contact Amy Diamond at email@example.com
5. Fortunately, the month of April has FIVE Tuesdays, so we have FIVE regular rehearsals prior to the dress rehearsal on May 4th (which is mandatory unless excused by Chris). Buckle up, buckle in, and buckle down as we put these terrific choral works together!