1. The schedule for the rest of the semester is as follows:
Tuesday, April 30—regular rehearsal in 201 Sloan, 6:30 pm.
Thursday, May 2—rehearsal with Chorale in Duke Family Performance Hall (DFPH), 6:30 pm.
Saturday, May 4—dress rehearsal in DFPH, 6-10 pm. Mandatory unless excused by director.
Sunday, May 5th—concert, 7:30 pm in DFPH. Call time 6:30 pm.
Friday, May 10—end of year party at The Hub, 6:30 pm.
Make sure you have your music, folder, and pencil with you (except for the party).
2. When rehearsing or performing in DFPH:
-Park in one of the lots surrounding the athletic facility.
-Use the stage door entrance (the other doors to the theater will be locked).
-Do NOT use any scent. DO use deodorant/antiperspirant.
-No food is allowed on stage (use the downstairs green room if you must eat).
-Only water is allowed on stage and ONLY if in a container with a secure lid.
-As a courtesy, reserve the restrooms downstairs on the kitchen side for men, the restrooms on the stage door side for women. There is a single unisex restroom on the stage level.
3. Remember that on May 5th, if the weather is nice, there will be a concert on the Town Green in Davidson starting at 6 pm, and the center of town will be congested. Factor that into your travel time.
4. I will remind you again at dress rehearsal, but here are the simple instructions for returning anything you have borrowed at the end of the performance:
-if you are using your own music and folder, you don’t need to return anything.
-if you have borrowed a folder and are using your own purchased music, take the music out and leave the folder on your chair
-if you borrowed folder and music, leave everything on your chair (after removing any personal items)
--Chorale should take their music and folders and return them to 201 Sloan, or thereabouts.
Do NOT return the Boito—keep it, recycle it, use it for starting campfires….
5. I will be passing out folders for those needing to borrow one again on April 30. Please make sure you have one by the end of the rehearsal if you need one.
6. It would be a good idea to make sure your concert attire is complete and ready to wear.