1. Our next rehearsal is Sunday, November 24th, from 6-9 pm, Rehearsal will be held in DFPH, and will be combined with the Chorale. Here are some tips for rehearsing/performing in DFPH:
-park in the lots surrounding the athletic building.
-enter/exit by the stage door (the doors from the interior of the Union will be locked). This is the door closest to the street.
-bring all your music, a pencil, and your folder and come early to find your seat.
-no food is allowed on the stage level. If you need to eat, go down one level to the green room.
-ONLY WATER IS ALLOWED ON STAGE AND ONLY IN CONTAINERS WITH SECURED LIDS.
-do not touch the screen/back drop.
-do not cross behind the backdrop to the other side of the stage—go down to the green room and up the other side.
2. The order of music we will be singing is as follows:
Ring Out, Wild Bells
Fum, Fum, Fum
Sing Along (we don’t have those cheat sheets yet_Musicological Journey
Still, Still, Still
Ring Out Ye Crystal Spheres
Of course, our pieces will be interspersed with performances by the Jazz Band, the Orchestra, and the Appalachian Ensemble.
I will be giving you instructions regarding turning in your music/borrowed folders at dress rehearsal or at the warm ups on the 2nd night of Gala.
3. If you have any questions regarding concert attire, ask now. Tasteful holiday bling can be added to your concert dress for this event.
4. Remember that our dress rehearsal (to which you are NOT expected to wear concert attire) is Sunday, December 1st, from 6 -10 pm in DFPH. Attendance at this is mandatory unless specifically approved by Chris.
5. The Messiah Sing Along is Monday, December 9th in DCPC. Call time is 6:30 pm. If at all possible, bring your own score or borrow one from your church. The college has a limited number of scores to lend and students will definitely need those. This year the Sing Along is free for all attending, so tell all your friends.
Watch for information from Lexi regarding the holiday party immediately following the Sing Along.
6. The annual Vespers service is Sunday, December 8th at 7:30 pm (preludes start at 7 pm) in DCPC. This is a lovely service, with music by the Chorale, and well worth your time. If you are so inclined, the Roadies could use your help at 1 pm that afternoon, setting up the risers, chairs , music stands, and pew candles. If you are interested, contact Bob Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. No rehearsals from Dec 10th to the middle of January. We will resume rehearsals on January 14that 6:30 pm. So DO NOT turn in your Britten scores. Better yet, don’t bring them to the Gala.